The Electrical Engineer architects and designs electrical systems for highly innovative new electromechanical safety products.
- Collaborates with product management and other cross-functional project team members to define electrical system requirements for new products.
- Translates requirements into detailed, testable product specifications.
- Architects electronics systems and related embedded firmware based upon product specifications.
- Develops detailed design verification and validation test plans and procedures derived from product specifications.
- Electronics design including schematic entry, component placement, PCB layout and BOM generation.
- Liaise with technology suppliers on specification, development, costing and validation of subsystems required for integration into new product designs
- Troubleshoot electromechanical or embedded firmware issues and drive engineering resolution through cross-functional project teams
- Interpret industry standards as they relate to new product development or continuous product improvement efforts
- Complete risk analyses, design calculations, Failure Modes Effects Analyses (FMEAs), and design reviews, to verify that a design meets or exceeds product specifications
- Manages products through the appropriate testing and certification process to ensure products meet industry standard requirements.
- Follows the product development cycle through all phases working cross-functionally to deliver products to market on time.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of related design engineering experience
- Demonstrated expertise in electronics design and troubleshooting
- Experience with embedded firmware development and troubleshooting
- Proficient in Altium Designer or similar board design software for (PCBA) design, including schematic capture, layout, Bill of Material (BOM) management, and coordination of PCBA procurement through contract manufacturers
- Prefer experience with electronic devices including: LCD displays, secondary batteries, wireless chargers, brushless DC blowers or multi-sensor subsystems, wearable technology
- Prefer experience with software version control systems (Git)
- Demonstrated ability to define, implement, and test technical requirements for electronic designs
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (including team presentations and technical reports)